Thursday, August 23, 2012

Budget bathroom remodel- Phase 1: TILE


 

Well this is my bathroom before . . . I'm ashamed to admit that we had carpet in our bathroom ever since we bought our house TWO years ago. Keeping the carpet clean around the toilet was not easy, so when my awesome Aunt and Uncle volunteered to come visit for the weekend and help us tile our bathroom, we jumped at the opportunity!

Our first step was to remove the carpet and linoleum . . . luckily Shaun did all this while I was a work ;) My Aunt and Uncle arrived friday evening and got straight to work that night laying down the backer board.



All day saturday was spent laying tiles, it already looks 10 times better!
 
Sunday was grout day, luckily it only took a couple of hours because my Aunt and Uncle had a five hour drive back home that day.
 
And then, we cleaned the grout and have a tiled floor!!!
 
Our floor looks so nice, that now we are in the process of replacing the sink and light fixtures and painting to make the rest of the bathroom look as good :) I'll post pictures as we go
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment